Do you struggle with negative self-talk? (Let’s be real, who doesn’t??)
Negative self-talk doesn’t start in the mind, it emerges as a result of the inner conditions of the BODY. In this episode, Lola shows how the TYPE of negative self-talk that you tend toward can point to your nervous system’s state and the ways you’re unconsciously protecting yourself.
Going beyond thought redirection, affirmations, or positive thinking, this episode guides you into an embodied way to shift your negative self-talk, empowering you to change this pattern at the root.
Topics Covered with Lola
- Taking the negative connotation out of the word ‘negative’
- Accepting that self-talk is normal and exists among people
- How to shift our perception around our negative self-talk to make it productive
- What are the effects on our body when we say our negative thoughts out loud in our safe and private place
- Why Curiosity is an antidote for judgment
- Guilty thoughts can be an indication that our social nervous system is in a state of fawning
- Indicators that the nervous system is under threat
- How to help support the nervous system to cut short the loop of negative self-talk
- Reactivating mechanisms of empowerment inside us
- The benefits of a ‘healthy freeze’