How do we balance self-care with the collective’s well-being?
Is self-care a form of social activism? And what are the opportunities and obligations of having a mental-health-oriented platform? In this conversation with incredible illustrator and creative Vida Rose of @comics_and_selfcare, we dig into the balance between self-care and collective care, how to let go of what people think of your creative ideas, and having the courage to stand up (and out) for what really matters for you.
Topics Covered with Vida Rose
- What Vida’s family provided that allowed her to flourish artistically and creatively
- Why the year 2016 prompted Vida to change her lifestyle and the way she takes care of her mental health
- Tapping with Gala Darling
- Why being selfish at times is safe and essential
- How Vida’s student loans were paid off by her comic drawings
- Explore the evolution of Vida’s characters in her comics from when she started to where she is now
- What mindset is essential for helping produce art without creative blocks
- Why self-care is essential with an inherently oppressive culture
- Health conditions Vida wasn’t aware of that she recently discovered
- How the recent attacks on Asian people affect Vida
- Why Vida thinks that we’re in another Dark Age
- Dismantling all the “isms” of our culture and society
Vida Rose is an artist and intuitive who believes unconditional love exists and world peace is possible if we want it. She is a lifelong student of self-care practices and shares what she’s learned through comics and humor on the social media account @comics_and_selfcare.
You can follow her on Instagram and TikTok and learn more on her Patreon page: Patreon.com/vidarose