Have you ever wondered HOW to get your partner, friends, or family members to try the things that have worked for you?
Whether it’s working with tarot cards, learning about being an empath, or other ways we’ve found healing, it’s natural to want to share what’s worked for us with our loved ones. We want them to feel good, right? Of course! And yet, we’re often dismissed or rejected when we bring these things to their attention – because the way we do it usually creates imbalanced power dynamics in the relationship.
In this episode, Lola walks through how to “coach” your partner to try the things that have worked for you, without coaching them at all. We also spend a few moments of silence to honor the six Asian women who were killed in Atlanta, GA on March 16th.
Topics Covered with Lola Pickett
- Why it’s sometimes hard to be a sensitive soul in today’s world
- Ways you can stand up to racism and be part of the solution
- Why Empath to Power Podcast is inherently anti-racist
- The challenges that can arise when in a relationship with a highly-sensitive person
- Why and how toxic patterns can show up relationships involving highly sensitive people
- The essential piece to know in a relationship with non-highly-sensitive person so it can prosper
- How Lola describes her relationship with Tigre
- What agreement did Lola and Tigre agreed upon with regard to coaching each other
- Dynamics of “who initiates what” in a relationship to avoid the feeling of being pressured and inadequate
- Why forcing our partners to do what we want them to do is aggressive, and why it would be received with a brick wall
- Finding trust and safety in a relationship to let our partner be
- Lola’s interesting conversation with a neighbor