Is it safe, or even responsible, to share your soul work with your dear friends?
In this episode, Jason shares what happened when, as a friend of many years to both Lola and Tigre, he said YES to some of their deepest work… First an adventure in Peru. Then, an Alchemical mentorship, and finally Empathology…
Was it ever awkward to exchange money for gifts offered? Was it weird to be in such vulnerable spaces together? Jason and Lola spill the beans on what can happen when business and friendship mix.
Topics Covered with Jason Yocum
- That feeling of hopefulness after the seemingly cultural revolution that empaths and most people fought for in the past 4 years
- The story of Jason connecting with Tigre that became the start of a strong friendship
- Aside from looking like Tigre, how did Jason felt like he was a real brother to him
- Resilience as dealing with the feeling of “putting down the doubt”
- Empath problems: Why a lot of empaths are unfamiliar with “fawning”
- Life naturally has problems and challenges but it doesn’t mean that life has to be a struggle every day
- How are we using the term “vulnerable” in the wrong way
- Why is the EMPATH*ology Course a constantly changing toolset that is perfect for an evolving person like Jason
- Understanding the myth of resilience
- Becoming the river: being true to yourself keeps you in your flow
- Being less controlled by our emotions while feeling better at the same time
- Sensitivity sensor: How Lola learned how to step on the brakes when she’s on the brink emotionally
- Why EMPATH*ology is not exclusive for empaths
- Changes in how are empaths being portrayed and accepted in pop culture such as in some Netflix series
- Jason’s journey with alcohol
- How the COVID19 Pandemic changed Lola and Tigre’s idea of fun
Hayson (aka Jason Yocum, he/him/his, INFP) is a highly sensitive queer human and recovering perfectionist working as a graphic designer in Wyoming. Jason is an Empathology alum, regularly re-auditing class with fellow empaths. He possesses a passion/obsession for pop culture and media. Follow him on Instagram at @holyhayson.