Don’t put your personal liberation in the hands of others…
In this empowering conversation, Lola and Curtrice explore how to liberate yourself, light yourself up, and live true to yourself in these dark, tense, revolutionary times. You’ll hear how she approaches, as a black woman, walking into “white” spaces and about the role of reclaiming our ancestral wisdom in our own liberation. You’ll hear Lola’s take on the roots of colonialism and how we can (and must) untangle ourselves from them.
If you’ve felt like you’re giving your power away to others or that the world is not designed to support someone like you, then this episode is one you do NOT want to miss.
Topics Covered with Curtrice Goddard
- What’s with Curtrice’s vocal nature with staying positive that is so infectious
- How has Curtrice utilized everything that she had learned in facing the challenges of 2020
- Shifting the conversations by bringing in African-American conscious people
- One medium: Why are we all part of the racism
- Priorities: Why everything falls if Curtrice doesn’t have time to nourish her soul
- The tools that Curtrice have to be able to stay positive
- Changing the narrative that the “hood” doesn’t deserve the best
- Yes to who you are: Being what you want for yourself even if nobody sees it
- How is fitting in a symptom of people pleasing
- Why Curtrice usually trigger people who were not allowed to speak up as a child
- Being offensively awesome
- It is exhausting managing yourself rather than being who or what you want
- Why is there zero conversation about the healing and cultivation of white culture
- Black Power is not equal to white power, EVER
- Starting the healing with the individuals and then the community
- Why both Black and White communities should start doing the spiritual work to move the culture forward
Curtrice Goddard is a Spiritual teacher, Female Leadership Mindset Coach, Speaker, Energy Facilitator, Holistic Health Coach, and Business Development Consultant. She brings passion and innovation to self-development and spiritual teachings as a catalyst to help people live beyond self-inflicted limitations, constructs, and external circumstances. She is a guide for those on an evolutionary spiritual path. Her expertise spans leadership development, holistic health, business strategy, social impact initiatives, and collaborative innovation. She has developed and directed a variety of programs covering leadership, mindset growth, wellness, personal resilience, leadership development, strategic thinking, and personal transformation. Her programs incorporate experiential learning, mindfulness, transcendentalism, resilience, and holistic mind-body practices.