In this episode, get a backstage pass and listen in as Lola and Tigre reveal the creative project that saved their minds and kept their kids off their screens during quarantine.
Inventing It’s Contagious!™ helped their family stay connected and make the most of life in lockdown. Now, they’re intent on “super-spreading” the fun with an upcoming Kickstarter campaign (starting 11/16/20), so that families around the world can catch some hilarity in these uncertain times.
Topics Covered with Lola & Tigre
- March 2020: high time, celebration after the Empath*OLOGY launch, then things took a sharp left turn
- Keeping from spiraling into the anxiety loop
- Uncertainty of not knowing if what Tigre is experiencing is COVID-19
- What happened next when Tigre and the family is finally getting better
- The important message that Tigre thought the virus is telling him about his lifestyle
- No news is not good news, it’s just no news.
- What staying neutral with all of what’s happening made Lola
- Tigre on the possibility of not having to say goodbye to his Father
- How much did Tigre and Lola knew about viruses after
- What are the responses Lola and Tigre’s children are showing during this challenging times
- How Tigre and the children resort to playing games in this pandemic
- Bringing a sense of playfulness to the whole pandemic experience
- How Tigre, Lola, and the kids created a whole new game about the pandemic using old poker cards, masks
- Mechanics of the It’s Contagious!™ game and how it transcends the boundaries of this pandemic
About Lola & Tigre
Lola Pickett, Digital Entrepreneur and It’s Contagious!™ Co-Creator, brings her perspective-shifting writing skills and infectious enthusiasm to the project. She shares, “I hope that people will not only enjoy the fast and fun gameplay, but also giggle at the cards’ artwork and dare to appreciate how we’ve turned the strange and surreal situation of this pandemic into a light-hearted game that brings people together again.” When we can’t avoid a challenging time, Lola believes that there’s freedom and healing in finding creative ways to laugh, play, and stay connected through it all.
Tigre Pickett, Creative Director and It’s Contagious!™ Co-Creator brings his art direction, graphic design, and project management skills to the team, helping see through this massive undertaking amidst many other concurrent projects in their family business. Tigre envisions a world where toxic patterns and the endless stream of “bad news” get disrupted in surprisingly playful ways. He intends for this card game to offer a light and accessible option for families to unplug from their screens and fully enjoy the increased time they’re spending together at home right now.