Burnout and adrenal fatigue are very common for HSPs and empaths to experience and they can have a negative impact on our physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing.
In this conversation with Shirley Zhou, we talk about where burnout comes from, signs that you’re on the cusp of burnout, and how to recover from it when it happens.
Plus, we’ll explore ways to prevent it from happening in the first place, which becomes possible when we’ve got the resilience to de-program ourselves from identifying with being busy and giving too much to the wrong people.
Topics Covered with Shirley Zhou
- How did it start for Shirley to work with burnout individuals
- Who are the usual clients that Shiela receives in the Burnout Clinic
- When would people usually come to Shirley and The Burnout Clinic for their sessions
- Important signs to look for that our body shows when we are experiencing or in the verge of a burnout
- How burnout looks like for Shirley
- How COVID-19 has affected what Shirley does in the Burnout Clinic
- The challenges of those who transitioned to work from home setup had to face in the start of the Pandemic
- Why boundaries are suitable for the recovery side of burnout
- Who can be the biggest violator of our boundaries
- Importance of prioritizing our well-being over work
- What could happen if we are not fulfilling our values more than work
- How Shirley uses personal history to map out how to remove the minimum 5 emotions
- What physical changes Shirley usually sees after the releasing process
- Regulating the nervous system can result to physical healing
Shirley Zhou is the Co-founder and Head of People & Happiness at The Burnout Clinic.
The Burnout Clinic combines a 2-day clinical intervention with tropical vacations to stop burnout at the root cause. In her private coaching practice she helps womxn stop the painful cycles of anxiety, imposter syndrome, trauma and burnout.
Shirley empowers women business owners and leaders under high pressure to achieve work-life harmony and live their joy.