In her journey with chronic, mystery pain, Fleur Chambers has had to validate her experience for herself; an experience that many experts didn’t understand and would often question, diminish, or outright dismiss.
In this conversation, we explore how to trust our own experiences in the face of external doubt, how pain and pleasure are intertwined; especially as an HSP, and how Fleur strengthened herself to become more and more visible in her work as a meditation teacher and app creator.
Topics Covered with Fleur Chambers
- How Fleur answered when a lot of people questions her of having pain
- How pain comes from not listening to our whispers
- What to do against everyone who’re telling us to not listen to our own whispers
- Lingering in the moment of satisfaction
- Why news and being in a Facebook group is too much for Fleur
- Being highly sensitive requires us to open with both pleasure and pain
- Why pain brings us into the NOW and brings more ALIVENESS
- How curiosity, compassion, and sense of humor helps Fleur
- How ego played a part when Fleur was starting as a mindfulness and meditation teacher
- Things that Fleur does that allows her to connect with as many people without feeling the weight on her nervous system
- Having the courage to define our own Success and not based one others
- Why meditation required a great strength and courage for
- Fleur in the beginning
- How Fleur’s children participated on her meditation exercise
- How the fast-paced culture of getting things done may affect our meditation when we do it the first time
- Why guided meditation is good for beginners on meditation
- How vibration was able to help Lola and Fleur with their respective child birth experiences
- Why Fleur did not do humming sounds when birthing her first 2 children while successfully doing it with there third child
- What can you get with the “10 path ways to happiness that lasts” meditation on the Happy Habit App
Fleur Chambers is an internationally recognized meditation teacher. Her guided meditations and online courses have been dowloaded 750,000 times in over 30 countries around the world.
More recently, Fleur has created The Happy Habit app, a roadmap for happiness, even amidst the pressure and uncertainty of adult life. Happiness not in the form of smiles and laughter, but in the form of greater presence during the good times, and resilience during the stressful times.
Her story of living with chronic pain allows others to see that it’s possible to enjoy life, despite disappointments and set-backs. But more than this, her work illustrates that amidst challenges, there are gifts in the form of greater self-compassion, understanding and acceptance. Through warm hearted curiosity and a quiet determination, Fleur has allowed her pain to guide her towards her greater purpose.
Her gift lies in creating opportunities for people to connect with the deeper parts of themselves, the parts who feel calm, optimistic, purposeful and resilient. The parts of themselves who believe that happiness is possible, that they are worth the effort.
Fleur is grateful for everyday, the parts she planned and the parts which caught her by surprise.