It was so much fun and SO healing to have this powerful conversation about Resilience with researcher and leadership trainer, Dr. Taryn Marie.
In this episode, we explore the concept of resilience in depth, while weaving in our experiences from our less-than-resilient pasts. How did we step into more resilient places in our lives and work, what does that actually look like, and why does Resilience call to Dr. Taryn so strongly as part of her purpose?
Find out that and so much more in today’s conversation.
Topics Covered with Dr. Taryn Marie Stejskal
- Lola’s Resilience Reboot
- How and Why Dr. Taryn chose to work in the field of resiliency
- Being invited to resiliency by what has happened to us, our experiences
- What Dr. Taryn meant when she said her soul is ambitious
- Sharing genuinely with others
- Dr. Taryn’s grim experience with a stalker when she was 15 years old
- Why Dr. Taryn is still recovering and working on from the pain of that experience
- How alone and abandoned Dr. Taryn felt from her closest family
- How we develop inner authority
- Dr. Taryn’s work and research on resiliency
- Difference between being a victim and an empowered victim
- Idea of victim consciousness versus creator consciousness
- Why other’s pain is more attractive than dealing with our own darkness as Empaths
- It’s better not to be the rescuer but someone who empowers and who can walk with
- How Dr. Taryn’s pain from her father showed up with someone that she’s had a romantic relationship with
- Why Empaths tend to project our expectations on people rather than who they actual are in the moment we are with those people
- Dr. Taryn’s idea of no aspect of vulnerability is easy
- What happens when we show up as a different version of ourselves on the outside than on the inside
- How Dr. Taryn explains vulnerability in a candy metaphor
- How some of Lola’s clients are vulnerable only in ways that feels safe to them already
- How Dr. Taryn’s work in the COVID-19 Pandemic look like
- What is the Bubble Wrap of privilege
About Dr. Taryn Marie
Dr. Taryn Marie is uniquely focused on enhancing resilience in leadership and in life, to allow people to bring out the best of themselves each day. She is the author of “Flourish or Fold: The Five Practices of Particularly Resilient People”, which is expected to release as a book in 2021. She founded her own company, Resilience Leadership, where she serves as the Chief Resilience Officer (CRO), leveraging the empirically-based framework, The Five Practices of Particularly Resilient People, that serves as the foundation for executive coaching, top team effectiveness, high potential leadership programs and workshops, and inspirational keynote addresses.
She is also a Co-Founder of Resilience Element 75 (RE75), focused on making resilience accessible to the world through film and wearable technology as well as serving as one of Marshall Goldsmith’s Top 100 Coaches across the globe. Her ground breaking research on resilience has been featured in Thrive Global, Ladders, and Women’s Daily Magazine, on television broadcasts, such as NBC, as well as platforms inclusive of Happify, eMindful, and Powerful Universe.