Can creativity help you build resiliency?
And if so, you might be wondering HOW to get more creative, especially if you’ve been feeling blocked or overwhelmed lately. In this conversation, serial creative, singer-songwriter, and hit podcast producer Lauren LoGrasso and Lola riff on what it means to be creative, how to amplify creativity when you feel stuck, and how creativity can help you become a more resilient and courageous human.
Topics Covered with Lauren LoGrasso
- What’s Lauren and her podcast’s mission
- How Lauren found out that she is a songwriter at 23
- Willingness to disappoint anyone to become the “Master”
- Lauren’s experience when she’s doing her first appearance as a singer-songwriter in LA
- Getting to expose the seed of creativity inside us
- Lauren’s metaphor about a succulent plant
- When everybody has equity and fair start, that is when we finally going to start living
- Lauren’s advice to people who are don’t believe they’re creative
- How Lauren is working to mentoring black women and identifying them in podcasting
- Creativity is seeing out of your everyday experience
- Why labeling our emotions is helpful while judging it is not
- Turning our pain into purpose
- How each of us are interconnected with nature, each other, and our pains
- How white supremacy have dehumanized people of color
- Why empathy is crucial for social change
- How people become better through curiosity, imagination, compassion, empathy and love
- Lauren LoGrasso explains what her greatest gift is
- Getting rid of anxious thoughts through writing them in the morning every single day
- How creativity is tied to the inner child
Lauren LoGrasso is a multi-passionate creative seeking to to empower the underdog, destigmatize the conversation around mental health, encourage people to take their power back and claim their right to have a dream and take up space. She is a podcast producer and host, singer/songwriter, actress, public speaker and creativity coach.
Career highlights include executive producing hit podcasts such as Brené Brown’s Unlocking Us, The goop Podcast, Girlboss Radio, Lauren Conrad: Asking for a Friend and Meaningful Conversations with Maria Shriver, hosting and EPing her own hit show, Unleash Your Inner Creative and having her recent single, “Rise” featured in People Magazine. Her next single, “Like a Bomb” is now out on all music platforms!