If you’ve ever struggled with visibility or know that somewhere inside lurks a fear of being successful, then this episode is for you!
Growing up gay in the South meant that Tyler faced a lot of bullying and intolerance as a child. After finding his stride in the musical theater community in High School, he realized first-hand how vital it is to support and be supported by like-hearted folx. He went on to organize powerful communities in his non-profit career before becoming an accidental 7-figure online entrepreneur.
In this heart-felt conversation, we talk about everything from navigating family judgement when you become more successful than they’ve ever been to community, authenticity, and integrity on social media.
Topics Covered with Tyler J. McCall
- The moment when Tyler learned that the only way to create the life he wanted was to be himself
- On growing up hiding who he was as a homosexual
- Why Tyler loved being on the stage
- The moment Tyler found his people that allowed him to show up
- How difficult for Tyler to transition from working on his advocacy based job to his seven-figure online business
- What is the most difficult thing that Justin experienced in the recent years achieving his financial success
- How Tyler truly loved his father even though they did not agree on most things
- How Tyler fully documented his feelings and emotions the time his father died
- Racism and social injustice in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Tyler described his deep admiration to his father, who has passed away
- Why Lola looks at death as one of her favorite and feared teachers
- How online entrepreneurs are creating their own economy especially during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What difference did Tyler feel on being successful in his business
- How Lola recovers from being a shopaholic
- On starting to embark on a healing journey
- Questions that Tyler asks himself during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Tyler’s media consumption in the beginning of the pandemic looked like compared to today
- Realizing to spend more time doing things that Tyler is not good at
- Why Lola gives an assignment to make an ugly art to her students
Tyler J. McCall is a business and Instagram marketing strategist for online business owners and digital entrepreneurs. He focuses on using Instagram and social media to tell stories, build relationships, and convert followers to fans, drawing from his 10 years of experience in non-profit marketing and community organizing. Since 2015, Tyler has taught thousands of entrepreneurs how to start, grow, and scale their online businesses.
He is the founder of the Follower to Fan Society – an online Instagram marketing training program – and of the Online Business Association – the first and only professional association for online business owners and digital entrepreneurs. Tyler is based in Asheville, North Carolina where he lives with his husband Eric. When he’s not coaching or teaching, Tyler enjoys Target runs and road trips…that he documents on his Instagram Stories.