When we were kids, most of us couldn’t wait to grow up. But, once we became adults, the magic seemed to evaporate, right?
Replaced by paying bills, heavy responsibilities, and a distinct lack of FUN… being grown up might not be all it was cracked up to be, but it doesn’t have to stay that way!
In this laughter-filled, truth-bomb-dropping episode, Ebonie and Lola riff on how to bring play back into our adult lives and what responsibility actually brings us (when we choose it fully).
Topics Covered with Ebonie Allard
- Why adulting means taking back our power
- Why surrender is always aligned with something you do in battle when you’re defeated
- Importance of being in our own sovereignty
- How not to market to an empath
- What is the flawed concept of leadership
- What is the state of patriarchy in our time
- Stepping into adulting as a species
- Why the Covid19 chaos is awe-inspiring for Lola
- Ebonie’s experience of moving to Spain right before it locked down
- What is surrender and why is it a powerful state to be in
- Why Ebonie is choosing this time and space to slow down
- How not using what your advantages does not help anyone who doesn’t have it
- This pandemic is perfect to exercise our muscle of communication and not being perfect
- How Lola works with her son’s emotions
- The relationship of discernment and self-trust
- What Lola means about when she said “empowering and not enable”
- What is hyper vigilance
- What Ebonie said to her father when she was 16 years old
- Why Femininity has a unique ability to be impermanent
- How being forgettable is our ticket to freedom
- Why Lola paints her face in the last 8 years
- How to harness and not be afraid of change and chaos in our life
Ebonie Allard is an award winning International Coach. She’s a Misfit turned Maven, an author, an artist, and an advocate. She’s the creator of The Misfit to Maven Way, The Value Filter system and host of the popular podcast ‘Adulting, with Ebonie.’ She empowers self selected Misfits to create businesses and lives as unique and extraordinary as they are; that genuinely feel as good on the inside as they perhaps look on the outside.