After two decades of working as a licensed Trauma therapist, Madeleine Eames was facing her second serious bout with burnout, including some troubling signs of emerging chronic illness.
Instead of trying to “fix” herself so that she could get back to work, she chose to support herself. Learning that she was an empath sent her down an accelerated path of healing and clarity, starting with listening to this podcast! One year later, not only has she graduated from EMPATH*ology with an inspiring story of what’s possible with this work; she’s reimagined her career, her marriage, and even how she parents her kids.
Listen to this incredible story of what can happen when you decide to honor who you really are, and—in the process—discover you are bigger than ANY of your fears.
Topics Covered with Madeleine Eames
- How listening to Empath to Power gave Madeleine hope
- How Madeleine evolved through the EMPATH*ology class
- Breaking through the fear of showing up and being seen
- Why Lola thinks that the EMPATH*ology community is the best
- Madeleine’s experience working with many midlife women
- How we project weakness to people when we worry about them
- How Madeleine had enough of staying small in fear of outshining someone else
- Madeleine tells her story of burn out
- How fibromyalgia affects Madeleine
- Sets of mistaken beliefs that set us up for success
- How Madeleine works to heal the inner child in empaths
- What resilience really means
- Teaching empaths is like birthing adults
- Why Madeleine had doubt and hope before she joined the EMPATH*ology class
About Madeleine Eames
Madeleine is a psychotherapist, an author and a full-blown empath. She teaches yoga and mindfulness skills as a way to turn your sensitivities into your strengths.