Today, I welcomed the soulful songwriter and magical musician Ayla Nereo onto the show.
Ayla shares her unique insights into thriving as a performer and public figure as the highly-sensitive empath she is. Listen closely as she reveals the ways that music helps her process the intensity of her feelings and senses (and how she learned to love her voice). She also offers a glimpse into her highly intuitive songwriting process.
We explored her best tips on how to navigate the nervous system overwhelm and fear when it appears… Listen, and be encouraged to find the resilience to follow the whispers of your soul.
Topics Covered with Ayla Nereo
- When Ayla realized that she wants to make music
- The role of Synergy Co-op in igniting her musical awareness and career
- How the loop pedal made her continue a solo music career
- Demystifying the terrors of performing
- Why your fears are the path home
- Practices Ayla does to keep showing up and hold through the discomfort
- How Ayla holds her nervous system and body well
- Owning ourselves at the same time that we let ourselves go
- It is just as egotistical to hold your gifts back as it is to push them on someone
- Ayla’s songwriting process and the feeling when she finds the next note
- When Ayla was asked to teach Women’s singing circles
- The innocence of being playful with our practices
- How Ayla calls herself back when the pressure is building up
- How Ayla’s songs relate to her personally
- Why beliefs are not inherent truths
About Ayla Nereo
Ayla Nereo is a voice for the planet, a modern bard and beacon who dances songs directly from her soul. With lyrical poetry splashing across a canvas of sound, her music has an uncanny ability to disarm and crack open the heart, as she sings for the depth of our humanness, and for the return to our pure wonder of existence. Her lucid storytelling and magical presence on and offstage creates a force field that is palpable, joyous, deep, and utterly enchanting.
Ayla’s music is reverberating from a west-coast transformational niche into larger global audiences, to inspire and uplift the hearts of humanity. Her music is currently seeing rapid and increasing growth throughout the US, Europe, as well as Canada, Australia, and dozens of other countries.