After being severely bullied about her weight in college, Bex Bedford spent the next 8 years of her life in fear of judgment, hiding…
Only emerging from her hermitage when absolutely necessary. But, you’d never know this to look at her now. She proudly takes up space as a podcaster, self-love advocate, and voiceover actor—and is known for her visibility.
So, how did she get the courage to be seen and let go of other people’s expectations and stories? This episode dishes the dirt on how to ditch people-pleasing, finally honor yourself for who you are inside, and stop hiding from your sacred purpose on earth.
Topics Covered with Bex Bedford
- The crushing moment at a young age when guys made fun of Bex’s weight in public
- Bex’s “age of hermitude”
- Steps Bex had to take to get out of her “hermitude”
- Why it became difficult for Bex to identify herself as a woman
- What helped Bex finally love herself
- Self-love and Self-acceptance
- Living healthy and not trying to lose weight actively
- The potential for rapid change of what is in alignment for you
- Why uncomfortable spaces encourages growth
- Dealing with the challenges when the people closest to us don’t align with what we want for ourselves
- Things that Bex does to release stuck emotions
- Why grief often comes up when we sit in silence with ourselves
About Bex Bedford
Bex Bedford is a Self Acceptance Champion, Voice Over Actor/Producer, Podcast Host, YouTube Content Creator, Public Speaker, and Entrepreneur.
Of these many hats, speaking of her journey of self love, brutal self reflection, and overcoming years of self hatred and doubt, is especially important to Bex. She seeks to help those who struggle to find their truth and voice in the world.
Bex uses her platform to share her philosophy, real life methods of self love, self reflection, and self acceptance. She details the steps she took from being a full blown hermit to, now, a public figure. No matter what your size, or issues you maybe battling, Bex’s story is a journey that all can find value in. Hers is a story of consequence, self reflection, love, addiction and evolution.