Sometimes, we want to make the healing process more complicated than it needs to be.
The basics (like sleep, diet, and hydration) seem boring, but without building a strong foundation of these essential self-care practices, other techniques, strategies, and tools will not be very effective. Nick shares his four essentials to living in wellness as well as his own journey through depression and grief. You’ll also hear Nick’s views on being famous, how he navigates the world as an influencer, and manages to stay present for his powerful partnership with Melissa Ambrosini.
This episode touches on the topics of depression and suicide, so ensure you are in a mental and emotional space to hear mention of those words.
Topics Covered with Nick Broadhurst
- How Nick achieves a holistic balance on all levels for his mental, emotional and spiritual health
- Nick’s early Vedic meditation practice for handling stress in his early adulthood
Why sleep is the one thing we all can do everyday to be in tune with nature
- How Nick manages to draw out creativity when he’s meditating
- Why Nick and his wife, Melissa, use blue light blocking glasses all the time
- The importance of meal timing for Nick’s and his wife’s lifestyle
- Why having a plant based diet is the right direction for living a healthy life
- How doing the basics brought Nick’s health back
- Importance of learning how to tune into the Earth and integrate with Nature
- The reason why Nick left the Sneaky Sound System in order to pursue a corporate career
- Dealing with a lot of resistance after quitting his famous band
- The story behind Nick’s biggest song he ever wrote called Little Lover
- Overcoming the challenges of writing a book with his wife, Melissa
- Resistance: our constant partner and companion in our human journey
- How feeling resistance means you may have stumbled across something very important to you
- Nick’s moment-to-moment survival with depression
- Why depression was a necessary experience for Nick to go through
- Why keto diet can be disastrous for your gut biome in the long term
- The story of Nick’s friend who battled depression and respecting why she took her life
- Holding space for Melissa to process her grieving after losing her soul sister
- How Nick navigates the fame and success that he experiences through his talents
- Nick’s “Radical Honesty” segment on his podcast and how it reflects the lack of reality we see in the online world
- Finding a fine line between private and public life
- Having the basics in your life can help you create a lot of good things
- Nick’s advocacy against 5G technology
About Nick Broadhurst
Like his music, there are many layers to Nick Broadhurst. He’s a singer. A songwriter. A film producer. A founding member of Sneaky Sound System. A saxophonist for Flight Facilities. A meditation advocate, visual artist, entrepreneur, performer, father and husband.
Uniting these varied accomplishments is the driving force behind all his work: the pure expression of creativity through music and sharing his most vulnerable moments in life.
A decade in the making, Nick’s long-awaited debut album ‘Thank You’ has been celebrated by his diverse fan base around the world. The album is a collection that chronicles the emotional journey of finding your true path and your true love, while always returning to a place of gratitude. Deeply personal, it’s also achingly universal, with a sound that’s been compared to Ásgeir, Rhye, Hans Zimmer, Jarryd James and The Kite String Tangle.
Wherever you are in life right now, tuning into Nick’s music, beautifully honest podcast and courageously open social media sharing is sure to elevate anyone who is ready to step up, be seen, and be in service.