Think you’re self-sabotaging? Think again!
In this conversation, learn why the brain will NEVER sabotage you (and what it’s doing instead). Plus, you’ll hear how trauma healing isn’t only possible for everyone, but it can be accomplished a lot faster than you think. Dr. Don Wood will help you see your healing journey through a new lens, and offers a unique solution to fix the “glitches” in your programming that were caused by traumas both big and small.
After listening to this episode, if you feel like you could benefit from Dr. Wood’s support, then I highly recommend exploring The Inspired Performance Program (TIPP) that he has created. Both Tigre and I have taken his course and it helped us access and metabolize various levels of big ‘T’ and little ‘t’ trauma that we’ve endured over the years.
Dr. Wood also has a lot of testimonials of other clients who suffer from acute trauma, cPTSD, and health challenges that they’ve overcome and healed through TIPP.
Topics Covered with Dr. Don Wood
- Healing trauma with simple, science-based tools for real-world results
- How Dr. Wood became a healer
- The role of a stable childhood home on creating a healthy, well-regulated nervous system
- Dr. Wood gaining clarity as to why he was constantly activating his wife’s fight response
- The relationship between trauma and disease
- Why the mind and body are designed to heal
- How the mind repairs itself when it feels safe
- Going to the roots of our trauma
- Features of the human mind compared to animals
- How we develop error messages and glitches in our minds
- How Dr. Wood is able to eliminate PTSD, cPTSD, panic attacks, and anxiety attacks in just 4 hours
- The misconception about anxiety as an emotional experience
- Role of human language on our memory capacity and trauma
- How the Hopi language offers clues to inner peace
- Why the brain is never trying to destroy itself or sabotage you
- How Dr. Wood’s trauma healing methodology treats addiction
- Why emotion is a glitch when we’re talking about trauma
- How trauma creates inflammation
- What Cell Danger Response is and how it enhances our performance
- How Dr. Wood’s double-amputee client performed in the Boston Marathon
- How domesticated animals develop traumatic memories and what causes their ability to recognize danger
About Dr. Don Wood
Dr. Don Wood developed the Inspired Performance Institute after spending years researching how trauma affects our minds and our lives. Dr. Wood began to understand that events and experiences throughout our lifetime continue to play a role in how we experience life in the present. He also realized that there was a better way of treating the issue. “Teaching people to live with, manage and cope with the daily stress doesn’t fix the problem. The solution comes from understanding it’s source and providing a long-term permanent solution”.
Dr. Wood’s background experience has come from spending time in the for profit and non-profit world. This combination provided a unique perspective on problem solving. He used these skills to develop the Inspired Performance Institute and the NEURO XP program.
Dr. Wood has written two books about his research including the science about how our minds work and why we experience our own unique perspective of the world. Both books are focused on how we can all make the desired changes by allowing our mind to reset and reboot. He has spoken on these topics domestically and internationally.