No one wants to be in pain, and yet it’s an unavoidable part of being human-especially for us sensitive souls.
So, how can we make the most of our pain? How can we see it through a more positive lens (without bypassing it)? In this interview, Lola talks with Sarah Small; an autoimmune warrior and highly sensitive empath.
In the midst of grieving a recent death, Sarah brings her raw heart and deep wisdom into this beautiful and potent reframe of pain.
Topics Covered with Sarah Small
- Pain’s potential as a powerful teacher
- Navigating life with autoimmune health challenges
- Development of Sarah’s chronic illnesses
- Physical symptoms and the messages they send us
- How Sarah navigated the battle of fibromyalgia and other health issues
- Many people are experiencing physical symptoms that don’t make sense
- Sarah addresses when she felt responsible for everyone in her life and what she did about it
- Relationship and mindset change brought growth and substance to her life
- How Sarah empowered herself by stressing about stress itself
- Instead of stressing from the numbers on her lab test, Sarah sees that as a motivation for change
- How Sarah got out of playing the victim role and degraded self worth
- Practicing and tuning into a more holistic whole health approach to wellness
- Sarah experiences her deepest cracking open when her brother, Jordan, dies from suicide
- Sarah’s whole body reaction to Jordan’s death
- Sarah’s path in rebuilding herself and her life
- Losing another brother few weeks before this interview
- Tragic experience that she had 4 years ago has shifted from grief to gratitude.
- Importance of taking care of our body when we are experiencing anxiety
- Finding peace with her brother’s suicide and his pain
- How Sarah saw that her brothers were in pain
- Realizing that the pain of the world is not ours to carry
- Attending to everyone else’s pain is also a coping mechanism to avoid our own
- How important it is to ask if you are treating yourself in a loving way
- Acquiring autoimmune diseases due to accumulation of many factors over time
About Sarah Small
Sarah Small is a Holistic Business Coach, Medical Intuitive, and Author of 21 Days of Healing. Through her brand, The Empowered Empath, she shows highly sensitive individuals how their pathway to healing inevitably leads them to their soul’s purpose. She works as a certified bioenergetic practitioner, yoga teacher, meditation teacher, mindset coach for women with autoimmune disease, certified vibrational crystal healer, reiki healer, ho’oponopono practitioner, law of attraction practitioner, certified oracle card reader, certified NLP coach, Time Line Therapy practitioner, and expert in healing the emotional roots behind illness.