What should we do when money sends us into a fight, flight, or freeze response?
Bari Tessler Linden, M.A. brings her 20+ years of financial wisdom AND her highly sensitive side into this lively conversation—designed to empower you through your most challenging money situations. Find out how she navigated two stressful IRS audits and learn some of her favorite, proven tools to help you turn your relationship with your finances into a true art form.
Topics Covered with Bari Tessler Linden
- How come we as empaths get stuck with our finances so often
- The Art of Money
- Fight, Flight and Freeze responses to money and our financial experience
- Bari’s 19-year work with financial therapy
- Issues around intimacy and relationships that Bari has studied
- How Bari faced multiple IRS audits and dealt with the emotions that came up
- The moment Bari realized she needed to have a relationship with money
- Stopping and pausing in the middle of a big emotion
- The power of naming emotions as they arrive to control overwhelm
- Getting comfortable with money conversations and looking at income and expenses
- Financial documentation and looking at Quickbooks
- Importance of reaching out and doing bookkeeping training
- Giving yourself a year to feel comfortable with bookkeeping systems
- Bari’s methodology starts with money healing
- The importance of having money conversations with your spouse and doing a full body check-in
- Why even high-income earners still need to work on their emotions
- What happened when Bari was inside an electric car dealership
- Bari’s 4 Steps on Money Dates (see sidebar)
- Effective ways to come up with questions that can be used on money dates or body check-ins
- Important things to consider when having a big money decision
- Getting people to feel comfortable and safe to just look at their numbers
- Being present and thinking about the future as well
- Going through the lean years as a new entrepreneur
- Why creatively renaming our books and savings is important for our money decisions
- Looking after our impulses when we decide on our money
- If we’re not tracking how our money and our values line up, we may end up having nothing to show for what we’re spending
About Bari Tessler Linden
Bari Tessler Linden, M.A., is a Financial Therapist, Mentor Coach, Mama-preneur, and the Founder of The Art of Money. She has guided thousands of people to new, empowered, and refreshingly honest relationships with money through her nurturing, body-centered approach.
Her methodology weaves together personal, couple, and creative entrepreneurial money teachings into one complete tapestry. She is the founder of The Art of Money: a year-long money school, which integrates Money Healing, Money Practices and Money Maps.